Monday, May 28, 2012

Help Akoya Put Out a New LP!

 
Of all the afrobeat I've ever heard, live or recorded, Akoya Afrobeat Ensemble ranks as some of the very best (and coming from me, that means a lot, if I do say so myself).  They're currently raising money via kickstarter for their new album, which if they raise the requisite funds, they'll press on vinyl!!!  I can't put into words how excited I am at the prospect of owning a new Akoya record.  These guys are some of the best musicians in the world carrying the afrobeat flag today.  Not only do they call themselves an afrobeat band, they're the real thing.  They play the music the way it's intended to be played.  If I had enough money, I would give them all the money for which they're asking and fund the record myself.  Unfortunately, I have very little money and have no prospect of making any in my near future.  Don't feel bad for me, just give Akoya some support.  Help make the world a funkier place.

No comments: